Sunday, May 16, 2010

Graduation is Upon Us.

Once upon a time in Mexico...actually, i've never been there. Three days of school left, my brain shut down a month ago. I went to Riverdale's graduation today. They had a speaker, it was a man who fought in some war, the korean, i believe. He was a POW for six years, I was amazed. This man was truly inspirational, he talked about the choice we have as the graduating class of 2010. We have been given the choice to be winners or losers. We've failed at things, and we've succeeded at things. This gives us the next step up in life. We can go into the world knowing, if we just 'keep the faith baby', as he kept saying, we would go far in life. Even as just someone in the audience, that really struck a cord with me. This man also said that we have won the lottery just being born into America where we have the choice to do whatever our little hearts desire. His story was just so amazing. I can't believe how lively he was, after all he's been through, and he didn't mind telling us, he could stand there and say, be somebody. He went on to say that fellow comrades from his army days went on to be senators, governors, and even run for president. He knew John McCain! And then they announced the names and the graduating class started walking across the stage. All I could think was, that's me in a few days. One thing is for sure, when I walk across that stage, walkway, or whatever, I want to hear every one of my family members yelling my name. I'm extremely proud of myself for who I am becoming and all that I have done. I deserve to be yelled for. My aunt told me that some schools don't allow that though. She told me some kids from Galesburg got their diplomas held back because their families yelled. They had to get lawyers to get the diplomas. I find that incredibly ridiculous. Try to hold my diploma, I'll be the first one calling my lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment